Taking care of a loved one can be difficult. These 10 tips for caregivers can help you support your loved one and yourself.
10 Tips for Caregivers:
- Seek support from other caregivers
- Take care of your own health so that you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one
- Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you
- Learn how to communicate with doctors
- Caregiving is hard work, so take breaks often
- Watch out for signs of depression and don’t delay getting professional help when you need it
- Be open to new technologies that can help you care for your loved one
- Organize medical information so it is up to date and easy to find
- Make sure legal documents are in order
- Give yourself credit for doing the best you can
Caregiving for someone with cancer can be challenging. Cancer Care Services is here to help so that no one has to cope with cancer alone! Our team can help you find additional resources and will determine if you are eligible for our assistance programs such as gas or medication assistance. Contact us today at 817-921-0653 or through our online get help form.