Financial, social, and emotional cancer resources in Dallas County, Texas for cancer patients and their families.
The below resources are subject to the availability of funds and personnel. Please let us know if any of the resources listed are inaccurate, so we can provide the most up-to-date information to cancer patients and their families.
- Me Squared Cancer Foundation provides financial assistance for medical bills. In the online application, be sure to include your letter of diagnosis and medical bill statement. Here is the online application: https://form.jotform.com/212816432150042
- Your Partners in Care provides financial assistance for cancer patients. You can call 888-850-1622 for more information or complete their online application: https://www.yourpartnersincare.org/assistance-application/
- The Gregg Pearson Foundation provides direct financial assistance for individuals who are dealing with cancer in the DFW area. You can fill out their online form here and be sure to check your email for a follow-up form to fill out: https://www.greggpearson.org/request-assistance/
- The Patient Advocate Foundation provides financial assistance for co-pays, coinsurance, and deductibles. You can view and apply to their available funds here: https://copays.org/patients-family/ and view their small grants for specific diagnoses here: https://www.patientadvocate.org/connect-with-services/financial-aid-funds/
- Cancer Care of New York offers copayment assistance and financial assistance fund for specific cancer types. You can view which funds are open and your eligibility here: https://www.cancercare.org/copayfoundation and here: https://www.cancercare.org/financial
- Triage Cancer offers educational material on how to navigate finances after receiving a cancer diagnosis. View their page for more information: https://triagecancer.org/cancer-finances
- St. Vincent De Paul Dallas County has financial assistance programs for emergency expenses, medication for those without insurance, and rent/utilities/food. You can apply for medication assistance here: https://svdpdallas.org/pharmacy-patient-eligibility/ or apply to their general get help form here: https://svdpdallas.org/help/
- Heavenly Mimi provides financial assistance such as gas cards or bill assistance to individuals undergoing cancer treatment. Here is the online application: https://heavenlymimi.org/apply-for-assistance/
- Patient Access Network Foundation has grants to cover the costs of co-pays, health insurance premiums, and transportation. You can view available grants and eligibility here: https://www.panfoundation.org/apply-and-manage-grants/our-grants/
- Cancer Support Community (Dallas County) offers support programs and information, resources, and referrals. Call to speak with someone in the Dallas County office at 214-345-8230, access the online chat at the bottom of their webpage, or call the Cancer Support Helpline at 888-793-9355.
- MD Anderson hosts online support groups for patients, caregivers, and survivors. There are also support groups for Spanish speakers: RSVP to Yasi Canga-Gonzalez at YCCanga@mdanderson.org.
- CancerCare has various online support groups: https://www.cancercare.org/support_groups.
- Imerman Angels connects cancer patients, caregivers, and survivors with a mentor. Request a mentor here: https://imermanangels.org/find-mentor-angel/
- 4th Angel also connects cancer patients and caregivers to a mentor. Request a mentor here: https://4thangel.ccf.org/.
- Moncrief Cancer Psychology Services offers therapy sessions for cancer survivors, family members, and caregivers. Call to request an appointment in person at the Fort Worth location: 817-288-9800. Here is the website for more information: https://www.moncrief.com/psychology-services
- Alliance Child & Family Solutions offers individual counseling for adults and adolescents, play therapy, marriage and couples counseling, family counseling, and group counseling in-person or online. Sign-up at: https://acfstexas.com/what-we-do/counseling-services/overview.html
- Cancer Support Community offers online English and Spanish discussion boards for those impacted by cancer at: https://www.cancersupportcommunity.org/mylifeline
- Joan Katz/Survivor Gals offers wigs, scarves, and hats for women undergoing chemotherapy treatment. The Plano location is located at: 3000 Custer Rd., #190 Plano, TX 75075. Call 972-599-7677 to schedule an appointment Monday through Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM. Fill out the Joan Katz/Survivor Gals Application and bring with you to the appointment.
Transportation Resources in Dallas County:
- The State of Texas has a Medical Transportation Program for those enrolled in one of the following programs: Medicaid, Children with Special Health Care Needs, and Transportation for Indigent Cancer Patients.
- DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) has several rider assistance programs for those with disabilities or meet other eligibility requirements.:
- Paratransit transportation: An origin-to-destination, door-to-door public transportation service for people with disabilities who are unable to use DART’s fixed-route buses or trains: https://www.dart.org/riding/paratransit.asp
- DART Rides is a rider assistance program for registered residents of qualified cities or ZIP codes who are age 65 or over OR have a certified disability: https://www.dart.org/riding/dartrides.asp
Cancer Care Services is here to help so that no one has to cope with cancer alone! We can help you find resources and will determine if you are eligible for our assistance programs, such as gas or medication assistance. We can also connect you with in-house social events. Contact us today at 817-921-0653 or fill out our online form. We look forward to helping you!